U.S. Government Sites:
- Travel: Resource from the U.S. Department of State; the website includes country-specific information, advice and resources for U.S. citizens traveling outside the U.S.
- Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP): Page where travelers should register their travel
- SMART Traveler: Application; provides easy access to frequently-updated official country information, travel alerts, travel warnings, maps, U.S. embassy locations, and more.
- U.S. Embassies, Consulates, and Diplomatic Missions: Includes a list by country of U.S. Embassies, consulates and diplomatic missions.
- Consular Offices in New York City: Includes a list with links to consulates in Manhattan.
- Passports: All information regarding U.S. passports.
- Emergencies: Includes emergency (ambulance, fire and police) numbers for countries around the world.
- Traveler's Health: A resource from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC); it includes country-specific information regarding diseases, risks, prevention and other advice on how to stay healthy while traveling internationally.
Other Governments' or Official Sites:
- International Travel and Health: A resource from the World Health Organization (WHO); it includes country-specific information regarding diseases, risks, prevention and other advice on how to stay healthy while traveling internationally.
- Travel and Living Abroad: A resource from the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office; it includes very broad country-specific information for travelers.
- Foreign Per Diem Rates: Travel per diem rates published by the U.S. Department of State.
Other Helpful Sites:
Travel Emergency Assistance Providers
- International SOS
- International ISOS App (if eligible); Membership provides you with quick and convenient access to the benefits of your International SOS membership.
- United Healthcare Global
- OnCall International
Passport and Visa Assistance Companies:
- CheapOair - Travel Accessibility Resources for the Disabled and Handicapped: Includes helpful resources for travelers with specific impairments so that they can plan ahead with their own particular abilities in mind.
- International Society of Travel Medicine: Provides information about travel medicine providers in other locations.
- OANDA Corporation: Foreign exchange rates. Please note that whenever possible, CU departments are encouraged to use ARC exchange rate for currency conversion.
- OANDA Currency Converter: Free application that provides easy access to up to date currency conversion.
- Independent Traveler: Includes information on electricity conversion and adapters.
- Google Translator: Application; provides translations available through voice otr text to over 60 languages.
Stores That Sell Unlocked Mobile Devices or Security:
Internet Calling or Communication:
- Gadling: Article: Situational awareness: can you detect danger before it strikes?