While traveling, if you or someone in your Columbia Travel group experiences an emergency:
Be prepared to provide the following information:
The Columbia membership ID: 11BSGC000064
Your callback number or way to get in touch if the call drops
The sick/injured person’s name, UNI, university affiliation and their location
The caller’s name, UNI (if applicable)
Columbia students covered by the University’s Student Health Insurance Plan through Aetna Student Health should also reach out to OnCall: +1-603-328-1926. This step is crucial for later seeking reimbursement for international services from that insurer.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or issues.
If you are an International Student or Scholar and experiencing an emergency related to your travel document(s), please contact the International Student and Scholars Office (ISSO) during normal business hours, unless otherwise noted. If your emergency is after business hours, please contact Public Safety.
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: +1-215-854-3587
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Students) or email@example.com (Professors/Researchers)
- Call: +1-212-305-8165 (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 11:00-4:30)
For emergencies outside of business hours:
- Morningside Public Safety: +1212-854-5555
- CUIMC Public Safety: +1-212-305-8100
Columbia Administrator: If you are an employee and receive a call from a sick or injured student, you will work as the liaison between the University and ISOS.
ISOS phone number: 1-215-942-8478
Provide the following information to the ISOS representative:
- The Columbia Membership ID, 11BSGC000064
- Your name and call back number
- The name, phone number, and university association for the individual you are calling on behalf of
You will email us at firstname.lastname@example.org